Thursday, April 14, 2011

Worthy of a Song


     Ever heard a phrase that lingered over your mind? I did recently. It was a question I heard Beth Moore ask her audience. Is your life worthy of having a song written about it?  Your first response might be like mine was. Who? Me? Yes. . . You and Me!  Next response-what kind of song?  
     Her question was based on a person named Deborah from the Book of Judges in the Bible. Chapter 4 of Judges tells her story and Chapter 5 is a song about that story. If you don't know her story, I think you would find her to be quite an interesting woman. She has something to appeal to everyone. I would surely  like to sit down and have a chat with her. Her life was certainly worthy of a song. Ours should be as well.
     I'm not a song writer. I can plan piano and sing some. I don't know which  words would best capture my life. I would hope the word LOVE would be one of them. You can be sure I would like the notes to be happy ones- ones that would bring a smile to the listener's heart.
     It's a good question. A question I want to linger and make a permanent mark in my mind and heart. What about you?  Let's sing our life out loud and sing it out strong.  Who knows?  One day it may turn into a song!

No comments:

Post a Comment