Monday, October 18, 2010

The Importance of Together


     When life runs "snack dab" in your face, the pictures and words your mind holds onto and the ones you imagine coming to pass are ropes to grab and hold onto.  I learned this two weeks ago as I stared at my husband, Mike lying in a bed in the I.C.U. of St. Francis Cabrini Hospital. No one expected the complications that arose from a simple hernia repair.  The repair was quick and perfect; the awakening process was quite a different scenario.  As soon as the two doctors left the small conference room after delivering the critical news, I had a choice to make. I had help!  God is faithful and in a split second reminded me of His promises we stand on every day of our lives; one of them being, "with long life I will satisfy you and show you my salvation."
     Throughout the next two days, He continued to remind me of the promises in His Word and those personal ones He has given to our family. We chose and continue to choose His Word instead of circumstances and our feelings.We know this for sure:  God is faithful!  His Spirit inside of us comforts, guides and strengthens us.  When we believe Him, He does marvelous works.
     Hundred of images bombarded my mind.  God helped me, along with our children and good friends to choose to hold onto the good pictures.  Every time I looked at Mike full of tubes and restrained in that I.C.U. bed, I thought of us talking, laughing, being with our children and our grandchild.  We took the pictures here last Saturday when we celebrated our daughter, Casey's 23rd birthday in Ruston.  I look forward to sharing more pictures of us being with David, Lindsey and Will in the near future.
     TOGETHER is a special place to be.  I never want to take another "together" time for granted, with each other, our family or special friends and most certainly, not with God.  God has been so good to us. Our family has been so blessed. Our children are wonderful and so are our friends.  We appreciate you in our lives.  Reminds of me an old song. . . "I can't see me lovin nobody but you for all my life. When you're with me baby the skies'll be blue for all my life. Me and you and you and me, no matter how they toss the dice, it has to be. The only one for me is you and you for me . . .SO HAPPY TOGETHER."




No comments:

Post a Comment